September 16, 2006

This cute plate is from A Merry Little Christmas. I fell in love with that set as soon as I saw it in the Holiday Mini. It went from my "want" to my "must have" list when I saw some cards by Jeanne S on splitcoaststampers using this set. She is one awesome stamper!! The dotted background is from Cornish Heritage Farms -- one of the best places, if not the best place, to buy background stamps. I found this ribbon at www.reasonableribbon.com -- perfect for the holidays. I feel like this card is missing something but I can't quite put my finger on it! If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Perhaps the "wish" should have been surrounded by a set of circles instead of ovals? Scallop background make the design too busy? Help!! Oops -- just heard Casablanca is on TV. Got to go!!

9 comments:

  1. I love this! Very Julie HRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. The scallop goes very well with the background and makes the image pop just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card too!

    The only thing I could suggest would be to make the small oval out of white instead of polka dots.

    That would create a balance between the white stamped image piece and the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutley love this and don't think it needs a thing!

    If you really want to add something then I might cut a larger coluzzle oval out of green to mount the red scallop oval on, but honestly I think it looks GREAT as is! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan...this card is perfect! Ya gotta leave it alone cause ya just can't improve it. It's great! Geesh I wish my cards had turned out this good....mine look like trash. Oh well...
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet (from GW)9/18/2006 05:06:00 AM

    I love this as is, especially the oval around "wish." I hesitate to disagree, but I think the dotted oval makes it look like the red oval is just a frame (interesting trompe l'oeil for me), taking less away from the "main event," the plate of cookies. I learned a lot from looking at this, actually ... since I'm only slowly coming around to even considering matting. I find this one interesting to look at. Cute plate, too! Well done. :)

    Also, I'm sincerely sorry your mom is (therefore you are) going through such a long spate of miserable challenges. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Can you tell me where you got the "wish" stamp from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely! If anything, I would stamp "wish" on white paper rather than the green dotted, just so it stands out a bit more from the background. But I love it this way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joan,

    I love this card! Don't change a thing. I think the oval looks great with the circles and dots. If you had made the wish frame round I think that would have been too many round items. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete