October 29, 2006

One Card - Two Views

This is the same card, photographed two different ways. The top card was placed in front of our fish tank, and the sunlight was shining on it. The second photo was taken with the card sitting on top of our stone fireplace mantle -- where I usually snap photos of my cards. When I uploaded the versions, I was really struck by how totally different each photo looked. Frankly, neither photo looks much like the real card -- the colors are off and the glittery gold outline of the flower, flower center and layers is missing entirely. However, I had loads of fun making this card -- it morphed several times from my original plan. If I had to do it again, I'd make the Cricut flower a tad smaller. Supplies Used: Cricut and Walk in the Garden cartridge. Stamps: SU Petal Prints and the word "friend" is cut off from one of the SU stamp sets designed to fit the tag punch; (I'm sorry, but I've lost track of which set this is from), and Linen background. The base card and the flower are Barely Banana. I also used Really Rust and Ruby Red inks and cardstock, and the Sakura gold glitter pen.

Edited to add: just got home after a lucious dinner out AND a play -- My Fair Lady with Mr. Mikey the Husband and some good friends. I feel positively decadent being away from home on a weekend night for 6 hours. Worth every dime!

4 comments:

  1. I love My Fair Lady.. one of my favorites!!
    really pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty - love the cards colors!! oohh - gonna have to see about that Cricut cartridge (or see if I have a flower like this on ones that I have)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - glad you enjoyed your evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Your Walk in My Garden came! I just got mine a couple of days ago too. I really like this card--the textures, the colors, the inking on the tips of the cut-out flower--great job!

    ReplyDelete