February 17, 2007

Another UPdate on the Contest

Rachel left a comment telling me how I can see all the links from the original post. Take a cyber wet noodle and knock me on the head!! Really, I shouldn't even be allowed to have a blog, never mind run a contest....(yes, it is frightening that your tax dollars pay my salary as a lawyer.... ha ha...) So, if you posted a link on the original post, you are good! Also, I'll continue to take email pictures at bardee1@cox.net or links to the original post through Sunday February 18th. The entries are amazing. Picking winners is going to be sooo hard!! (but fun). I am going to try and get all the cards into one place (I can hear you all begging me to just stop this insanity!!). I will post the winners Monday February 19th regardless of whether I can pull all of the entries into one big post. Pause. You're Welcome!! In the meantime, here is a mistake I made yesterday. . . How I made this mistake: I cut out an A2 card, scored at the top. Using the Cuttlebug Stamp Die, I punched a lovely cutout. I took a piece of black cardstock and punched out a square so the stamp would have a nice emphasis. Stamped a heart from SU's Love Matters set in Black Memories Dye ink (really waterproof!!), and colored in with a Pink Passion marker, cut it out and popped it up with an SU dimensional. Tied the ribbon, which I think I bought from Reasonable Ribbon. At this point, I am loving this card!! Now the mistake ... The bottom of the card just sat there looking lonely and cried out for something. I couldn't just leave it alone, could I???? So, I took SU's All in a Row and with a Stamp Ma Jig, tried to stamp a nice line of dots with a saying on the bottom. Ugh. Came out crooked. Tried various methods to cover it all up and finally just cut off the bottom of the card. Hey, now it's a square little card with no matching envelope -- good enough for in house giving!! Finally, where's the rest of the Ellen Hutson interview? I've decided to post that tomorrow (Sunday). I didn't want all of the contest nonsense to get in the way of the rest of Ellen.

13 comments:

  1. LOL...you are too funny! I think your happy accident is FABULOUS! I'm gonna have to try that. I wish all of my "accidents" looked as good as yours. Mine end up looking great in the trash can! (giggle)
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Joan. It will do fine in an A2 envelope--just glue a piece of coordinating cardstock 1.25" x 4.25" into the right side/front pannel of the envelope. It will go through the U.S.P.S. just fine (this is a Julie HRR trick, of course).

    CUTE card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish my mistakes looked so good. Now I can see how to use those bug squares that I didn't buy because I couldn't figure them out. Duh! Keep toasty and love seeing all that you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOan

    one of the first things I learned about stamping - there are no mistakes - only opportunities to do something different (like find a new card size or a new way to add ribbon!)
    love your card - whatever the size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Joan for your frustrations but your frustrations make me very happy because I now know that other people do the things I do...

    I am continually thinking...well, I will just do this..and do that... or maybe this...And when I do, I am faced with really trying to be creative to cover up what I should not have done! I am luving that you did this!!!! Sorry, but I FEEL BETTER!!!!

    Its adorable nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my mistakes looked as good as that! I have that die,and will have to get it out and play a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an adorable mistake! Hmm, I may have to CASE this one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha ha!
    It's still a lovely card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh my till you pointed it out I couldn't tell where possibly you may have went wrong. It looks great accident or not!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, so that is the CUTEST mistake I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. I should *always* skip my last intended step on a card - because this ALWAYS seems to happen to me (sans the great recovery! LOL!) TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Well, your mistake looks FABULOUS. Wish my mistakes turned out half as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://papertrufflez.typepad.com/paper_trufflez/2006/10/a2_envy_for_a_s.html

    Try this link (?) or copy and paste this in your browser. It is JulieHRR's Blog. She did a cute thing with an A-2 envelope and a square card. Your card is very cute.

    ReplyDelete