April 13, 2007

Bird Notes

I fell in love with the Bird Notes set by Crafty Secrets/Clear Art Stamps as soon as I saw them in my local stamp store -- Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA. This is my first attempt to use them. They are acrylic, deeply etched and stamp beautifully the first time. How I made this card: The card is Fabriano Medioevalis stationery. Stamped the birds with Timber Brown Palette ink (I love this ink and this shade of brown -- it is my new favorite waterproof brown ink). Colored in the birds with a brush, a little water and some Stampin Up markers (Ruby Red and Old Olive) scribbled on a piece of plastic. Just picked up a bit of the marker ink with a damp brush. I made a little blue "sky" using the same technique with a Bashful Blue marker. Using Stampin Up's Horizontal Slot punch, I threaded the brown grosgrain ribbon (manufacturer unknown) through the card like this: and tied it in front to cover up the punch hole. You are looking at the inside of the card above and I'm not happy with it, but I like the front. This would be a better technique if used on a layer. When I can find my glue dots, I am going to adhere the ribbon tails. [I'm sure you understand why I can't find them!!] Finally, I stamped the word "happiness" from Stampin Up's Warm Words set (which I think is currently on sale...). After I did, I stared at those birds for a bit. Do they look happy or hungry?? Whatever. They made me happy, so happiness it is!

4 comments:

  1. I love that bird stamp, it is really cute! I also really like the way you tied that ribbon! How creative. A nice simple card.

    BTW because of you I bought some snap stamps today. And that purchase turned into some serious cash because of course I found other stuff to play with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Those birds are fabulous! Sweet coloring! :)
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the simplest of cards are the most wonderful and elegant. This is one of those. It is absolutely beautiful! What a great coloring job you did....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan- love how you used horizontal punch to threadle the ribbon through. It's a very clean and uncluttered look for the card.

    ReplyDelete