April 12, 2007

Strip Technique Challenge

All supplies by Stampin Up. Base card is Confetti Cream. Other cardstock: Real Red, Artichoke and Night of Navy; Red and Navy Markers; Pewter Hardware Hodgepodge and Night of Navy ribbon. Birthday Phrase from It's Your Birthday. What's the Strip Technique? I took a piece of scrap cardstock and cut it 1" by 5 and 1/4". Then I took some scrap pieces of the colored cardstock and cut them 1" wide and then randomly cut them into little pieces of varying widths as shown on card. I covered the long piece of cardstock with double sided tape and then just laid down each little piece of cardstock until I had the whole piece covered. Trimmed to even it up, adhered and then took the saying and mounted it. I really like this Strip Technique. I'm sure others have done it a thousand times but I thought it up today all by my lonesome and gave it my own name! I think this would also work really well with patterned papers. Edited to Add: I was just blog rolling and came across this posting from Card Positioning Systems. I know I saw this yesterday. Obviously that sketch burrowed into my tiny brain and out came my Strip Technique. Always like to give credit where credit is due!! Ok, now it is your turn. How about making a card using the Strip Technique and letting me know about it so I and my blog readers can go take a look see??? What will you win? NOTHING! ********* Speaking of WINNING a $50 gift certificate to Stamping Freak (Gina K Designs), I just got a notice from Gina that my Love You to Pieces set has shipped! So, if mine has shipped, yours has shipped or will ship soon. You ordered it, right? You are going to submit to my Autism contest, right? Right??? I can't hear you!!

12 comments:

  1. I love your strip technique. I want to try it soon, but tonight I have to get my project ready for my demo meeting tomorrow (nothing like waiting until that last minute).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...nice and simple lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean and simple lines of this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simple nature of this card! Love the embellishment too! And yes, your stamp set shipped. We are shipping as many as possible every day for the next week. (in the order received.) So, everyone should have their set soon!! Yippeee!!!

    Thanks for this great blog, Joan. You rock!
    Gina K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a super fun technique! I'm gonna try it too!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea, ideal for using up all those scraps of card we tend to accumulate - I might try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and great blog. I always enjoy checking in and just had to leave a comment today. I went on vacation and MISSED your blog. So thanks for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Joan! Your card reminds me of something that JulieHrr or Nicole Heady would do (and you KNOW what a compliment that is)!

    Linda (LSN on SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card- expecially the colors and the strip technique. The simple design and color combo would make it a great masculine card. I must try the strip technique- soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great technique! Think of the possibilities, it mind boggling!

    YES, can you hear me now? I will be purchasing Love You to Pieces this month, lol, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your name for this techniqe. Works great for postage stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joan, I finally made my card for your challenge. If you want to take a peek, it's posted at my blog.

    http://paperdelightz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete