July 26, 2007

The BEST CHA 2007 Report EVER

Sure, you've read the other blogs, even looked at pictures, but MY CHA report is the BEST. Several months ago I posted a message on SCS asking if anyone could go to CHA or did you need a "connection." Low and behold I received an email from a lovely stamper who has a store and invited me to attend. I'll keep her name private. Chicago here I come!! I was squealing with delight. I mean CHA = Heaven in my book. My co-worker lawyers thought I was truly a goner, but really, do lawyers' opinions count on matters of prime life importance? I won't even answer that.... The icing on the cake is that Debbie Olson, my favorite stamper in the universe, and I agreed to share a room. Now that is the jackpot of all deals as far as I'm concerned and who knew what kind of emergency legal advice Debbie might need at CHA. It was clearly a match meant to be. I immediately imagined taking out a stamped image and struggling with shading it and having Debbie graciously offer -- "would you like me to show you a few tips?" Voila, I would be a mini Debbie in no time!!!! I'd be blending and concept designing and making focal points! My corners would be square, my layers even. Companies would be begging to send me their products to try. CHA + Debbie Olson = Heaven squared!! Let me tell you, I had the time of my life!!!! It was so worth the money to fly to Chicago and see all of the amazing papers and stamps and ribbons and embellishments in these incredibly creative displays. Felt was everywhere. Felt and texture and flocking and die cut chipboard and incredible ribbons. Alas, I couldn't take any pictures myself because I was only there in my dreams. HUGE PITY PARTY FOR SAINT JOAN STARTS RIGHT THIS MINUTE. I couldn't go. I had to cancel. Fast forward to today (stay with me here, it's related). My son is a very picky eater, preferring anything likely to get him into a cardiologist's office in 10 years. So he isn't going to eat the low fat vegetarian mexican casserole I made for tonight (I'm pretty amazing, aren't I??). Anyway, I explain to him that I am really struggling to find something that he likes that is at least not bad for him and ask him if he has any advice (my sneaky Mom trick to make him think I am soliciting advice when I'm just fooling with his head.) So my 16 year old says: "Mom, you are a good Mom." HUGE PITY PARTY FOR JOAN OFFICIALLY OVER! I'm doing the Cha Cha Cha, but not the craft kind. I'm a happy woman!

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry you couldn't go but you are right...your ending story is THE BEST of them all! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! A sad story... but with a happy ending! next year you will go... or Anaheim! let me know if you need a hook up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story, you really had me going there! Love the comment from your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you had to cancel your trip, but I also know that those kind of comments from your kids (especially the more teenage/young adult ones) are priceless. Just had lunch with my 19 1/2 year old not living at home for the summer (I was doing the happy dance), so your story warms my heart. I totally know what you mean. PS...my picky eater son expanded his culinary tastes at college...the influence of dorm mates and new girlfriend are incredible....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had to cancel. Even so, color this comment envy green. Is that an SU new color? Terrific son. Let us know if he eats the casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had to cancel your trip yet again!!! Sounds like us last year, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, so that was what that reverberating scream of agony i heard was.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT??? You had to CANCEL going to CHA?? I'm still quaking...But it all turned out in the end to be good. Some parents live their entire lives and never hear their children say such a super wonderful thing about them. You are raising an awesome son, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very sorry that you did not make it to CHA this year. But what an awesome Mom you are. How lucky is your son? How lucky are you to have such a good son. ;)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Joan! You just made my day! I am so sorry that you didn't get to go, and I still want to meet you some day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, man! I was so excited for you there for a while. Sorry, but I did laugh out loud when you said you had to cancel. It was an accident...I really am sorry you didn't get to go and learn to be a mini-Debbie. Your story had a happy ending, though. Sometimes it's good to be a Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so sad that you didn't get to go to CHA. But what a great story. I read every word. And for your son to say you're a great mom...well...it doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete