May 2, 2006

Scrapbooking for Others

I've long been intrigued by scrapbooking and began playing around with various styles. I see this as a logical extension to stamping. The two just work so well together, especially since I prefer stamped papers to commercially printed ones. They seem softer, more original, more art. Dont' get me wrong, there are some stunning papers on the market -- but I didn't create them! So, I've started scrapbooking and I'm having a blast. A whole new form of expression -- suddenly the paper is much bigger and someone will want to save it instead of tossing it out. There's a great deal of satisfaction in taking photos and other items and turning them into something that families will want to look at years from now. In the meantime, I have 2 possible customers for this new endeavor. I hope to produce books that they will be proud to share. Plus, I'm thrilled to be able to use my love of stamping and paper and ink and earn some money! (Note: no profit as of yet!) Here's a card I made trying to achieve a bit of the retro look. Don't think it is retro but love the colors -- pretty in pink and chocolate chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment