July 15, 2006

If I only had a ....

Spent most of yesterday working on a Christmas card design. It is still a work in progress -- parts of it are perfect, but the whole just isn't there yet. The good news is that I think I've figured out what is wrong with it. Now to figure out the best way to get the look I'm going for -- cool, calm, with a bit of a sparkle, but not too too plain. I keep thinking of the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz -- If I only had a brain! If I only had some way to make this card work! Patience and the willingness to throw a lot of stuff in the trash is the key to success. It also helps a lot to have some talent. I've got the patience thing down. I'm working on not crying when I work all day and have most of it end up in the trash can. Now where can I get this "talent" thing I keep hearing about???

No comments:

Post a Comment