December 12, 2006

Brief Silly Diversion

To respond to all the emails and other inquiries about how my Mom is doing -- she's doing pretty well right now. Lungs clear, no crises, but she is so frail and tiny!! She adores the woman I found to take care of her. In fact, Hilda has worked out so well, I'm thinking of having my Mom adopt her and running away from home! My Mom got really depressed and Hilda suggested an antidepressant. (Of course, when loving daughter suggested the same thing, nada). Within about an hour of taking a teeny, really ridiculously low amount, my Mom declared herself cured! The placebo effect rocks!! That was a week ago!! Who am I to argue with success?? So, here's a little Ode to Hilda Hilda dear, please stay so near. Good folk like you are way too few. You are too kind, daresay, my greatest find. Move in here now, I beg you, please and then I'll run, my mind at ease! (No, I'm not quitting my day job!!)

1 comment:

  1. Joan,
    You crack me up, girl! Cute song/poem.
    I'm glad your mom is doing better these days. I wish you all the best this holiday season.
    RUbber Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete