December 15, 2006

UHU Review for U!

I took advantage of a free offer from UHU (pronounced yoo hoo) adhesives -- agree to review the products on my blog, and post a link to its blog, and in return they would send me 2 of their products for free. I received the UHU Glue Stick and the UHU Creativ Scrapbookers Pen. Before I get on with the review, keep the following two points in mind. First, I'm on a constant hunt for the perfect adhesive -- I've tried them all and none of them are absolutely perfect. Second, I am "tool" impaired, which leads me to the reviews themselves. The Glue Stick -- it took me 5 minutes to figure out that you unscrew the magenta cap. That is not UHU's design defect, but must be attributed to some type of gene defect within me. The glue stick goes on purple and dries clear. My experience with glue sticks is that they don't adhere well, and this stick proved to be like every other glue stick that I've tried. If I bend the card I made with this glue stick, the layers pop open. Not pretty. It helps to burnish the paper after you lay down the glued layer -- rub on top really hard with a bone folder or other flat item, being careful not to leave a shiny spot on your paper. Would I buy this again? Probably not. The Glue Pen -- I know that Tombow Mono Multi glue is all the rage. Frankly, I'm not a huge fan -- I find glue to be messy and I think it sucks the moisture out of the paper, resulting in a hard feel to the resulting card or other paper item. Furthermore, if I lay on too much, it oozes out the side of the paper and makes a big mess. However, glue can be mighty handy for adhering small items, such as die cuts. The glue pen did ooze out the sides the first time I tried it, but in all honesty, I think this is my defective tool gene rearing its ugly head. To give the pen a fair shake, I tried it again and it did not ooze -- I was just careful to place it away from the edges of the cardstock. It holds well and so far, has not sucked the life out of the paper! The applicator is shaped like a square and, as you can see in the picture, the glue comes out of a small hole in the middle of the square. Would I buy this again? Probably. You can find the link for the UHU website blog on my blog -- I'll leave it up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment