January 3, 2007

Watercolored Question Answered

It is not possible to respond directly to those who post comments or questions on my blog, so here's an answer to a question I receive from time to time. I use watercolor paper for almost all of my watercoloring. It makes a huge difference. I have been using 140 lb. cold press (easily available at an art supply, craft store, or with SU). However, cold press has a bit of a bumpiness, and my next purchase will be some hot press watercolor paper, which I saw demonstrated recently at a crafts fair. Very smooth. I'm intrigued by how it might handle stamping and coloring in of such small designs. I'll let you know, and thanks for asking!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joan - I will be more than happy to send you some hot press wc paper to try. Just send me your address & it is yours free. I wanted to try it but had to order 10 sheets & they are HUGE! I have more than I will ever need or use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to answer! ~pl

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hot press is WONDERFUL for stamping. Just be careful not to overwork the paper (but that takes a lot).

    ReplyDelete