March 14, 2007

Recollections

I hope you take the time sometimes to read each other's comments on the blog -- particularly the one on polka dots -- interesting info! Each of you always has something to add that makes me think a bit more. I'm still thinking about the responses to my Stamper's Neurosis post. I wish I could meet each of you. I get emails and private messages on Splitcoast from my blog readers and it is great "meeting" so many of you this way. That will have to suffice . . . I'm trying to stick to my pledge not to buy anymore paper until I've used up 1/2 my stash (I know you guys understand the NEED to hoard, buy, accumulate, etc but really sometimes, you just have to use the stuff!). So, I finally opened the Recollections designer paper that I purchased from Stampin Up when I was still a demo. The background paper on this card has no rose in it, and I didn't care for it the way it was (at least on this card), so I used a Regal Rose (so love that color) Stampin Up marker to color in each of the flowers. How I made this card: I closed my eyes and tried to channel Debbie Olsen into my brain. When that didn't work, I cried, got over it and then gave it my best shot!! Most of this layout and design is obvious. In addition to coloring in the flowers, I took the coordinating brown and vanilla striped paper and brayered it with SU's Regal Rose classic ink (have I mentioned that I love that color?) and stamped it with a flower stamp from SU's Carte Postale; the medallion is also from Carte Postale -- stamped three times -- once in Chocolate Chip ink and twice in Regal Rose ink. I used a circle punch to put 2 of the Rose medallions on top of the Chocolate one, with the top one popped up a bit on an SU dimensional. Other supplies: SU Mellow Moss marker; Swarvoski green crystal, which I bought from Cindy at Startlitstudio (link on right); Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla cardstocks and Rose ribbon (all SU), and SU's Crafter's Tool kit to place and punch the little holes in the Chocolate Chip cardstock. Tease: I am NUTs over a set of acrylic stamps I used today for the first time. Ooooh...later....

11 comments:

  1. Love the card. I just got Chocolate Chip. One of those must haves. You understand that. I need to try the rose and chocolate combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your trying to keep to your pledge. I broke down myself a couple of weeks ago. It i so difficult. *sigh*. Your work and recipe is great but I know how you feel. osmosis doesn't work, for a Debbie Olsen fan. Been there, done that. Isn't she just remarkable? I love her clean simple cards, not too much of anything - just right! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome...I love that DP! Your creations just keep on getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to be channeling anyone - your own work is just fine! I love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not another post about this card but a question. Did you do a white ink comparison? I looked back through your blog to September and didn't find it - am I missing it? I would have emailed but I didn't see a link to do that with, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. superb idea coloring in the flowers and brayering over the brown and white striped paper. That was the paper I was *least* thrilled with in the collection, but now I think I can do somethign about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the best stampers I've seen around love to "alter" pp. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joan, you have a beautiful style all of your OWN! And you are a really genuine person; your genuineness shines through in everything you say. Your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, Love it!!!


    I too have made a promise to myself that I can NOT purchase New Paper.

    I must use all of the scraps and half sheets of paper up before I start using any of the New or buy any new paper!!


    Love your work Joan.. I am inspired by it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure genious -- it would have never occured to me to color on the centers of these flowers. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! I think we all try to channel Debbie into us at times, but Debbie is the only Debbie and the rest of us just have to find our own style and keep admiring hers! :) I think you did great, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete