July 31, 2007

Distressed Dad

Someone at work suggested that she just might be interested in a 60th birthday card for her Dad, so I whipped this up tonight and hope she will like it. If not, it will get put to good use! I'm not terribly creative when it comes to masculine cards, especially since my husband loves bright bold colors. Supplies Used: Retired Stampin Up Cranberry Crisp cardstock and ink and ribbon; SU gold brads; vanilla shimmery paper (source unknown); retired CTMH Loves Me set (the scrolls); letters from Brand Spankin' New!! Technique Tuesday Provence Large Capital Alphabet; and some distressing from SU's Linen Background and Encore gold pigment ink; SU's dimensionals; and 1 3/8th and 1 1/4" round punches. Finally, the strip of patterned paper is from Basic Grey's 6x6 Perhaps collection. I added the Perhaps paper at the last minute -- the card really needed something to give the center strip a little more pizazz! ********** Thanks to those of you who took the time to respond to my last post about trying to learn digital scrapbooking. I will be home from work next week and will have more time to investigate the options. And an especially large thanks to Emily Giovanni, who emailed me with an offer to teach me over the phone! That is so sweet. I just don't have the chutzpah to take her away from her 3 adorable boys - in other words, I think I need more time than she realizes!!

5 comments:

  1. I think this works very nicely as a masculine card! That patterned paper behind the sentiment really makes it pop! I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Both of your cards are gorgeous!!! You never cease to amaze me Joan. Gorgeous!

    Thank for the tips about acrylic stamps. I have lots of them and need to use them more often I also store my acrylic stamps in CD cases too. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrolls around the letters are so classy. You make such striking cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an exceptionally creative and handsome masculine card. You really do the greatest backgrounds. I love the gold and Cranberry. I like the way you mix up your stamps, too. You're a great one for using old and new stuff together from different sets. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your "DAD" card!

    ReplyDelete