September 15, 2006

Mom Update

I get so many emails and messages asking me how she is doing so I thought I'd answer with a psot here. Not so great. She's feeling so much better (a brief psychotic reaction to heavy duty pain meds has worn off, thank you very much). She was set to transfer to a nursing rehab facility today or tomorrow but then the neuro whatever doc showed up to say that her carotid arteries are 80% blocked, they think she's had 2 mini strokes and on Monday or Tuesday they will put a stent into one of the arteries. I keep forgetting to ask about the other one. So, to sum up. Since May 2006: breathing and heart issues send her to the hospital, where she develops a small bowel obstruction and a raging case of gout. Week after discharge, falls down the ONE step on our first floor and breaks ankle. Fast forward through 2 more ER visits to the broken hip, surgery to fix hip, and now the artery thing. At this point, I'd like to give a huge shout out to Lyndon Johnson and every member of Congress who voted for Medicare and Medicaid back in the mid sixties. THANKS LYNDON WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on your mom. I was looking at your past entries and saw the picture of your mom and son together. So sweet - both of them. :-)
    Anyways, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and saying lots of prayers.
    Hugs to all of you,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{Joan}}}
    I've been thinking about you. Thanks for the update. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you, Joan, and to you mom. I'm so sorry for all you're both going through. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete