December 16, 2006

Simple Merry Christmas

So called "simple" cards are, at least for me, very difficult to pull off. Simple easily becomes boring. I'm not where I want to be on simple cards, but I thought I'd post this effort, nonetheless! I used SU's Holiday Thyme Paper for the tree and Mini Mates for the Star. (The idea of creating a tree with patterned paper is from Julie Ebersole). I punched holes in the tree with my Japanese screw punch (awesome tool). I stamped "Merry" in Thyme ink, using a set of clear polka dot alphabets from Amuse Arts, trying my best to align the letters with a Stamp Ma Jig. I used an SU Real Red marker for the dots in the tree and for the star. The card itself, a 4.25" square, is made out of SU's Naturals Ivory paper.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like it.
    ~~Rita~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. You always do nice work.

    Joan, how is your mom? Is she back home yet? Still sending good thoughts your way.

    Rubber Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan,
    This is my kind of card. Sweet and simple. It's a great card.
    Have a wonderful Holiday Season and a Blessed New Year. And a Happy, Healthy and Blessed New Year for your Mother also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very merry - I love your simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice card Joan! I find that the "simple" cards are anything but. Every item must be perfectly in place and the design stellar for it to work. Definitly less room for error. Well done!

    ReplyDelete