December 22, 2006

Two Cards to Share

I've been busy getting my Mom out of the hospital and back home -- thus, lack of time for stamping or blogging. However, I want to share a couple of really beautiful cards I received (I've recently purchased Adobe Photoshop for MACs so I dearly hope my pictures improve soon!). The first is from Jessica Canham (jesserose21 on splitcoast). She used Peaceful Wishes from Stampin up, Sahara Sand cardstock for the base and Thyme for the layer and ink. I hope you can see the sparkles on the background layer and the white gel pen highlights on the focal image. The thyme ribbon literally ties it all together. Thank you Jessica! The second card is from Colleen Olsen (Colleen on Gingerwood and SimplySentiments) -- I get around on the internet!) Colleen lives a few minutes from me and I've had the pleasure of stamping with her and going in on joint purchases. We just purchased a boat load from Marcos Paper together to get free shipping. I love a woman who can't pass up a good deal! What I particularly love about Colleen's card is that there is no stamping! She used beautiful patterned paper and brads -- note the darling stocking brad in the corner! When you are mass producing, cutting out stamping is a great option to consider. The paper she used is just darling and just looking at this card makes me anxious for Christmas morning. Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. You know - this blog may be someplace I may have to stick around a bit, like your insight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards. I especially like the silver embossed card. Very elegant! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete