December 29, 2006

Wishing

I bought SU's Wishing You set to use as a Christmas set for this year, and never used it. Ditto the French Flair background. I'm determined to use stamps that are sitting on their shelves, all lonely and sad and I'm determined to use brighter colors. I realized that Earth Elements was my default color scheme, and you just have to break these bad habits! So, here is Wishing You Love -- I think this works as a Valentine's Day card. Supplies: SU Brushed Gold, Ultrasmooth White and Real Red cardstocks; Real Red Classic and Encore Gold inks; Red wide organdy and gold cord and dimensionals. I embossed the gold cardstock with the Cuttlebug A2 Swirl Embossing folder. Stamps used: Wishing You and the French Flair Background.

4 comments:

  1. Joan, love the new card. My goal for the new year is also to use those stamps that have never seen an ink pad. Why do we by all this stuff and NOT use it? I enjoy checking your blog every day. You do a great job. I am so sorry that your mom is not doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully rich color scheme--great card!

    Yes---I think we all have some of those untouched sets. Are they mounted at least? ;-) I have several sets from last year that have only 1 stamp mounted...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, I love how you have combined the CB folder with French Flair--hadn't occurred to me! So sorry that your mom is not doing well. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. SIMPLY GORGEOUS!

    I had to shout that from the rooftops. This is very impressive! I love it!

    ReplyDelete