January 21, 2007

Remember Glossy Cardstock?

Way back -- 4 or 5 years ago -- an SU demo showed me how to brayer on glossy cardstock. Wow! So shiny and mysterious looking! It got me hooked on stamping and on Stampin Up. I haven't used glossy cardstock in a long time. It is old hat for serious stampers, and a bit passe in some stamping circles, but it almost always gets a "how did you do that?" reaction from a non-stamper. So, today I pulled out some glossy cardstock and felt like I was back in Stamping 101. Too much fun!! All supplies are from Stampin Up, unless noted: Stamps: Both Way Blossoms and Circle of Friendship; Glossy, Black, Garden Green and Pixie Pink cardstocks; Black Memories Ink; Assorted Markers; YoYo Yellow, Saffron, Summer Sun, Mellow Moss and Garden Green dye inks sponged onto the background; Black Gingham Ribbon; 1 inch cirlce punch (not SU); 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches. (The Circle of Friendship fits perfectly into a 1" round punch).

8 comments:

  1. Your comments about glossy cardstock made me laugh. I definitely remember how excited I was when I learned the crayon resist technique -- loved using my white crayon for those highlights! Your card is so bright and pretty -- even if it is an "oldie but goody" technique!

    p.s. thanks for popping into my blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose for this card. Yes, brayer and glossy is making a comeback. Was in the recent TJ Newsletter. I too used to do more of it than I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still use glossy cardstock...my cards most always go to non-stampers so they are usually impressed! I love your card. I never thought of using that stamp set the way you did - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I never pull out the glossy CS - I guess it is time to! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I didn't realize that glossy was uncool - I just 'discovered' it when I discovered photo stamps! Beautiful, vibrant card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know much about how use glossy cardstock. And many of my cards go to non-stampers too. I'll have to read up on this. Adelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, your cards are always so beautiful. I really appreciate your great "how-to" instructions. I thoroughly enjoy subscribing to your blog! Stamp on, girl!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!!
    Jenny (jfstamps on scs)

    ReplyDelete