August 27, 2007

A Card, Finally

Despite the fact that my "chit chat" generates way more comments than my stamping (sigh!!), I know you all have been anxiously waiting for actual stamping to return to Paperlicious. So, by popular demand -- a Card, Finally: And, since I'm sure you will want to run out and get all of these supplies (said with loving irony), here's what I used to make this little gem: Striped cardstock from Memory Box's Beach collection, layered onto a Memory Box Sage card. Other paper is Memory Box Holly and Eggshell cardstocks and Beckett Expression #80 for the main image. (Note, I provided a link to Ellen Hutson's store because I purchased the paper from her. She is an unusual vendor in that she provides interesting and useful info about the products she sells. In this case, she posted that Memory Box paper is environmentally different because it is coated with soy ink. I have no idea what soy ink is, but it sure makes for a gorgeous finish.) For this thank you card for a neighbor, I stamped one of the images from Stampin Up's Feathered Friends set, which I believe is retired. I bought it last year when it was on sale because it reminds me of Karen Lockhart's images -- small, but full of lots of detail and just so sweet. I stamped it with Black Memories Dye ink and colored it in with the following Prismacolor Pencils -- Pumpkin Orange, Light Peach, Ultramarine, Cloud Blue, Burnt Ochre, Sienna Brown, Dark Green, Process Red, Limepeel, Sunburst Yellow, Sand, and Crimson Lake. No Gamsol, no stumps, no blender pen, no nothing, except kindergarten coloring!! Since I had fun coloring it in I'd thought I'd share a close up: Of course, if you want to examine every detail like a Van Gogh painting, feel free to click on the pictures! I added some white eyelets and some SU red gingham ribbon. It is now 5 am. I never went to bed and I have to be at work in 2 and a half hours. What I do for you!! Praise may commence now.

26 comments:

  1. I like the card. I thought I was the only one up at this hour. I haven't slept either! However, I am making wedding to do lists in my bed rather than counting sheep so I gave up and did one of the tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to make sure your card posts get some comments, too:0) here's mine: I love seeing older stamps used and this one is one of my favorites. Great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercoloring. I've been up since 2:30a.m. and I think I'll go back to bed for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job matching the image colors to the paper. Also nice depth in your colored image. Make sure you grab yourself a couple of red bulls to get through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly girl! Now you'll be super tired today!

    But... it was worth it, right? Very cute card! I love the paper with that stamp.

    Thanks for sharing,
    lise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know why my coloring doesn't look this good. I never went to kindergarten.haha I am amazed that you got such a soft beautiful coloring without using a blender or something.
    I love the card, wish I had the stamp and why didn't you go to bed???
    SuzyQue in Texas
    (inquiring minds want to know)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the layering and the coloring of the image. To get through the day drink lots of soda and eat chocolate. Everyone will wonder why you are so hyper and envy your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with a professional life and a stamping addiction. I just bought this retired set from ebay - now I'm especially eager to use it. I'm going to try a similar card with fall colors for my secretary who helped me through a trying summer school session.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to come see this card.

    Word on the streets is, it's a "GOTTA SEE IT". Sure enough, it is wonderful. If only I could touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joan... this is so pretty! As I looked at the beautiful detail of the image, it dawned on me, "I HAVE that set!" Thanks for letting me see it in a new light! Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, but I SO had to laugh at your sarcastic comments about running out to get the supplies. :D Oh, do I know the feeling! LOL!!

    Thank you for your comments you left on my blog last night. The card you commented on is the one that everyone loved that I couldn't figure out what made the difference. LOL!

    I also agree with comments left on other entries in your blog; it IS your blog, and whatever you write is yours - both for good and for ill, as we all know. :) I'm glad you took my comments to your letter in the spirit in which I wrote them. It amazes me how incredibly generous the stamping community can be in real life, but Heaven help you if you raise the ire of some of them online. :D

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already have the Memory Box Beach collection of papers so no enabling me today. :)I love your card Joan. I love the way that the red pops out. So clean and fresh looking.

    I have enjoyed looking at all of your pictures that you have posted from your vacation. ;)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Joan! Great job coloring. I confess to being a lurker on your blog, but I check in nearly every day. I enjoy your cards AND your commentary.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "kindergarten" coloring is beautiful. Great card, especially that striped background paper. May you have sweet dreams soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous coloring and bright colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joan, the card is lovely, but, I have to tell you, I read you everyday because I just love your outspoken wit and wisdom! Yours is truly a bog to enjoy daily!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the chit chat on your blog! I love your cards too!! :-) This is very pretty. You do NOT need Copic markers...I think you do a fabtasical coloring job with your Prisma's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And, she fell down dead from the beauty: ..............THUD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card, and great job coloring the image! So nice, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Fabulous coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my - what an awesome card and your coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! I love the colors!! I also REALLY enjoyed your "Totally Unfair" reflections. We ought to form a late night club for all of us who burn both ends AND the center of the candle hoping to get 'it all' done. Good to know I'm not alone in my middle of the night doings. Keep on keepin' on, gals! ~ pk

    ReplyDelete
  23. well we have to encourage you! love your comments annnnd love your stamping! Keep up the stamping even if you have to prop up the eyes! DOREEN

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL, simply BEAUTIFUL!!! The paper is so pretty and the way you matched it with the coloring is incredible...as is your coloring, TFS.

    ReplyDelete